In this new episode of Everything Speaks, host Lee Caraher sits down with Audra Knight, a recruitment marketing strategist at Tenable Network Security. Together they talk about talk about how to control your online profile to reflect the job you want, not the job you have. Plus, Audra shares some tricks of the trade including how scan for keywords on LinkedIn and how to searching through someone’s Twitter account to find their strengths and interests.
- You need to Google yourself because recruiters and potential employers will. Type in your name and see what’s on page one.
- Make sure you use keywords on LinkedIn. If you want to be known for community engagement, for example, then use those words in your profile.
- Network regularly. Approximately three quarters of all jobs are never even posted so the only way you will hear of them is through the people you know, and the people they know.
- Recruiters also look at Facebook profiles so make sure your profile is either private or professional.
- Sell yourself in a job interview – but make sure it’s your true self. Otherwise you’ll end up in the wrong job.
- Choose a professional profile picture. It should show shoulders up to your face and you should be dressed in business-casual.
- Never write your resume in the third person and be consistent with tenses.
Where to find Audra: