Double Forte CEO and Everything Speaks host Lee Caraher sits down with the co-opetition. Heidi Krupp is the founder of Krupp Kommunications, a strategic public relations firm headquartered in New York City.
Together Lee and Heidi talk about getting started in a communications career, how perseverance and a willingness to ask for help are key strengths, and why there’s no straight line to success.
- If you want something, say it out loud.
- Ask for help!
- When you are helped, or even before, help others.
- When you get advice from someone who is helping you, take the advice.
- Be open to meeting people and talking to people everywhere you go.
- When someone comes to you and says I think you should do something listen.
- There is no straight line path to success.
- Your definition of success will most likely change over time.
- Your definition of success will never match anyone else’s. That’s okay.
- Gratitude is a great career tool to keep you on track.
- Be hungry. Be curious. Be entrepreneurial.
- Social media allows you to demonstrate your skills even before you land your first job.
- Have a great attitude. It is your most important skill
Resources: Krupp Kommunications