On the latest episode of Everything Speaks, host and Double Forte CEO Lee Caraher sits down with Lisa McDonough and Lisa Allanson, the founders of TeenHackz, a company that helps teens become life ready, work ready and resilient. TeenHackz provides tools and resources to help parents of teens instill productive habits and behaviors in the home, and facilitates workshops for schools, employers and community groups. Lee, Lisa and Lisa talk about how young people can prepare themselves for the workplace.
- Parents today are taking away their children’s’ ability to problem solve.
- Kids today need to help their children learn to communicate without a device.
- Parents should not show up in their adult child’s workplace. No one at work cares about what your parent thinks.
- The only thing that is relevant to the workplace is how you show up.
- The start time for work is when you are ready to work, not when you start making your coffee.
- Details matter. Today’s workers need to have an attention to detail.
- Always check your personal email at work. It helps you get the best volunteer opportunities for your personal commitments.