On the latest episode of Everything Speaks, host and Double Forte CEO Lee Caraher interviews Robert Kueffer, Digital Marketing and Design Coordinator at John Snow Research and Training Institute Inc., a public health consulting firm. Robert shares how he went from life in Wisconsin to working in Washington, D.C. on an international HIV and AIDS project via a temporary assignment from a staffing firm. Robert background doesn’t necessarily match his current responsibilities but he explains to Lee how a lifetime of experiences came together to lead him to his current role.
- You do not to need know what your career goals are when you start college.
- Be open to what you develop a passion for.
- If you have the chance to study or travel abroad, take the opportunity. It helps you stand out.
- Weave together the position and career that makes sense for you based on your combined interests and experiences.
- Sending resumes from another city can feel like an uphill battle. It’s easier to find a job in a place if you already live there. Companies want to know that you want to live in the area.
- Continue to take courses and attend seminars and webinars. You will never graduate with all of the skills you need in your career. Keep learning!
- Getting the first job is an important step. It doesn’t need to be perfect; it just needs to be a start.
LinkedIn: Robert Kueffer