In the latest episode of Everything Speaks, Lee sits down with Emilie Aries, founder of BossedUp, a nationwide training company that helps women navigate career transition with a special eye towards burnout prevention and crafting a happy, healthy, and sustainable career path. Prior to starting her own company, Emilie experienced a personal and professional low. She was tired, exhausted and felt unfulfilled by her work. Spurred into action by the potential for something better, Emilie founded Bossed Up. Lee and Emilie talk about career burnout and how to prevent it. They also cover the simplest path to success.
- Work is not all champagne and caviar, but it shouldn’t ever drain you.
- If you want to have a career with impact, invest in your personal sustainability, it’s the strategic thing to do.
- It is not selfish to invest in your self-care; it’s smart.
- Burnout is a high achiever’s, modern worker’s malaise. Sometimes we have to buck the shoulds in our lives and say, “What do I need to do to be good to myself today?”
- If you don’t take care of yourself you are not in a position to help the people around you.
- You can learn something from every position and every job.
Emilie on Twitter
Emilie on Instagram
Bossed Up on YouTube