Double Forte CEO and Everything Speaks host Lee Caraher talks to Jessica O’Neil about how she went from working at a collections agency to planning vacations on behalf of Disney. Jessica and Lee talk about what happens when you don’t land your dream job right away and how you can grow to find a career you love.
- You need to make things happen for yourself.
- Sometimes it makes sense to take a job that doesn’t thrill you because it gets you closer to what you do want. Stay focused on your long-term goals.
- Customer service is a key tenet of any job you will ever have.
- Listening is one of the most important job skills you can develop. Listen to understand; not to respond.
- Learn everything you can about the product or service you are selling. It will give you a competitive advantage.
- Not every job is a career-defining job, but every experience can be a career-defining experience.
- Nothing happens from nothing. Everything takes something.
- Don’t be the person who ruins your coworker’s day. Do your job to the best of your ability.
- What is important in your career will change as your life changes. Be open to redefining success for yourself.