Double Forte CEO and Everything Speaks host Lee Caraher talks to Fred Bateman, CEO and founder of Bateman Group, a successful PR firm in San Francisco and New York. Together they talk about running an agency and why it is good business to always prioritize relationships over the bottom line.
- Don’t get hung upon titles. Titles vary from company to company. Experience matters more than titles.
- If you have to ask for a promotion, you probably don’t deserve it.
- Slow down and appreciate the experiences and the people who you work with.
- You will always work if you master your craft.
- Keep reading. Your job is to stay informed.
- Hone your writing skills. They are critical.
- It’s okay to leave a company and then return – as long as you do it on good terms. You may found out you appreciate your first job more.
- No one understands you as well as your competitors do.
- Pay it forward.
Resources: Bateman Group