A dream job allows you to contribute in a meaningful way to something you care about. It’s also challenging, keeps you on your toes and encourages you to learn new skills.
In 2001 Mac Prichard started an informal email listserv, called Mac’s List, highlighting job opportunities in Portland, Oregon. Mac’s List has grown immensely and today Mac joins us to shed light on how to chase down your dream job.
- Organic growth matters most.
- If you can, develop two streams of revenue; consider a side hustle.
- The stronger your personal brand, the more job options you’ll have.
- There is probably no such thing as a ‘glamorous’ career.
- Spend time considering what a ‘dream job’ looks like for you.
- A dream job allows you to contribute in a meaningful way to something you care about.
- No fairy godmother is going to find you a great job.