Today on this solo episode of Everything Speaks, host and Double Forte CEO Lee Caraher breaks down four myths about millennials in order to bridge the gap between generations in the workplace. Lee defines what we mean when we talk about: dress code, deadlines, and drafts. And, Lee weighs in on the debate: Are millennials always late?
- Tattoos are your choice. But know there may be consequences. Not every manager and client may react well to it.
- Dress for your clients. If they are casual, dress one step up. If they are business formal, match their formality.
- There is no “end of day” or “close of business.” When giving a deadline, give a specific time.
- The word draft means many different things to many different people. If you are looking for an almost-perfect document, then ask for that. If you want a Word doc, specifiy that. If you prefer to collaborate in Google Docs – make that clear.
- Be specific about what time you are expected to be in the office.
- Start time means the time at which you begin working, not the time you walk through the front door of the office.
- If you’re giving direction, be specific about time. What is your expectation of how long an assignment should take?