In this solo show, host Lee Caraher shares some personal experiences about how she and other people she knows have created terrible impressions and stood out for the wrong reasons – reasons that create gossip – gossip that gets in your way of making a positive impression.
- Take a shower every day. It feels like I shouldn’t have to say that, but I do. Bathe every day. If you work out, AFTER the work out.
- Men and Women: If you wear nail polish, make sure they’re not chipped or messy. And never pick your nail polish off at a meeting.
- Breath: freshen it up people. If you’re thirsty, your breath is going to tell other people. Don’t let your breath not let you be heard. Bad breath is really distracting. Keep a tooth brush at work. Drink water after a meal. Mints. Keep it fresh.
- Don’t chew gum….like a cow.
- Keep a Dopp Kit at work that has toothbrush, tooth paste, deodorant – essential toiletries – so you can spruce yourself up before you go out after hours. Trust me.
- Don’t wear jewelry that distracts other people with their noises – lots of bangles for someone who types all day long is a mistake. Take anything off that makes noise you’re walking or typing.
- Leave the jeans with holes and frays at home.
- If you’re going to a client – match their dress code +1. So if your client wears flip flops and shorts to work, you wear jeans and a button down shirt or a golf shirt and sneakers. You get the idea.
Style Bible, Lauren A. Rothman